Monday, February 27, 2012

Blog Post Assignment #4

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom Until this video, I never really understood or knew what a podcast could be used for. This video explained to me that podcast has two main purposes. One way, allows the teacher to record the podcast and make it available for students to review on material or to visually see the material once again. I really love this point because it allows students to review even if they are sick or absent. The other aspect I enjoyed with podcast is, students can use a hands on experience. The students could create scripts and add on to the podcast. I think what I'll take from this video, for my own podcast, is making my podcast entertaining and creative. I really do not want my students to have to listen to a monotone zombie. I want them to be entertained as equally enough as a television show to an extent.

Podcast Selection Somewhere out in the world, is probably a book called “Podcasting for dummies,” but if you cannot find a book like that then this video is for you! Judy Scharf did a phenomenal job on explaining what a podcast is. She also gave ample amount of examples on how to do a podcast and methods to assign. On Ms. Scharf’s video, was a link to TeacherTube; which is a great podcast about podcasts. The best tip I received from this video was make the viewers actually want to finish the podcast. Make it exciting and enjoyable, not just facts and lectures.


 1st Graders Create Their Own Read Along Audio Book In this podcast, a classroom of first graders were divided up to create a script for a chapter book that they were reading. The thing about this podcast that was most visible was the excitement that the students had on creating the video. Until now, I never really thought about how much the students would enjoy creating one, only about how they would like watching one. The students really were interested in tweaking their voices and scripts on the Smart Board. I love when there are hands on activities for students! Anytime a child is excited about learning is something that should be repeated! When I create my own podcast, I want to play around with some of the effects that these students got to do and be better acquainted with the skills required. From the information received from the other podcasts, since I am excited about my future with podcasts, the podcast itself was a great podcast (because it made me excited and was creative).


No comments:

Post a Comment