Thursday, January 26, 2012

Blog Assignment #1

About me:)
      My name is Anna Shartzer. I am an elementary education major. I should graduate in December 2013. After graduation, I plan on getting my Master's degree in Spanish. My dream job would be becoming a teacher in the Department of Defense and traveling the world. My second dream job would be opening a bakery. I wanted to become a teacher because both of my parents are teachers and I had a great kindergarten teacher. She inspired me to be an individual. If it was not for her influencing me and being around my two great teachers/parents, I don't think I would have wanted to be a teacher. I think the things I am great at are being patient, understanding, supportive, creative, funny, and thoughtful. My weaknesses are probably being to nice, gulible at times, and sometimes stubborn.I coach Volleyball at Robertsdale High School and I coach softball at Fairhope High School. Sports are a huge part of my life. I am a transfer from University of West Alabama where I played 2 years of Softball there. I transferred "home" becuase I was offered coaching position and my family is here.
      I love the beach and spontaneous moments. I have two dogs,Sir Gus Gus the Great [a chow] and Benny the Jet Rodriguez [St. Bernard]. They are GIANT teddy bears. I have a boyfriend named Keith and he and I just bought our first house! Needless to say, neither of us are handy.  Other than school, working, being a daughter, girlfriend, and doggy-mom....I really don't do a whole lot. I love the beach and being spontaneous. My main goal in life is not taking life to seriously and trying to experience new things as much as I can :]

2 comments:

  1. Anna,
    I think you have a lot of traits that is going to make you a wonderful teacher. Being creative and patient is going to take you so far in life. How is it coaching softball? I couldn't imagine coaching a sport I bet it is fun and challenging. I have a dog as well a pit bull mix that we rescued from the Mobile City Shelter. I would love to have a St. Bernard I just could not handle the drool.

    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please combine all parts of a post assignment into ONE post in the future. Multiple posts waste a lot of time for the evaluators. Thanks!

    My aunt, after she retired from her court career, became a librarian for Defense Department schools. She spent 3 years at each of the following: Guam, Iceland and gem any. She loved every minute of her time in the army schools. She then wen to Sitka, Alaska for two more years. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete