Sunday, March 11, 2012

Blog Assignment #7

The Networked Video
learning in the 21st century offered a very clear definition of how topics are learned by students dealing with online classes. The resource the student uses helps the student in the research he or she performs. By doing this, the student combines all of the information obtained about the topic, and makes it accessible for others who could be researching the same topic or information.
My first issue is the factual dependencies of the facts based on the subject matter. On the internet, it is extremely easy to manipulate the opinions about topics and the “research” found. When exploring for facts, finding opinions is particularly easy to locate on the internet, but finding facts; however, is not as easy. After evaluating this method of learning, I became aware of why. It makes perfect sense. If you research information on your own then the information becomes easier to obtain. Having the student conduct the research themselves seems more beneficial for the student in the long run.  The new way of learning seems to be deflecting teachers just beating facts into students.
In the video, He wonders will teachers still be in need? Oh my goodness, YES! Because of our past assignments, I really and truly believe that I would not pass without the assistance from my teachers. Teachers are leaders or guiders of the stars, in a cheesy sense. Dependency on teachers will change in the forms needed, but there will always be a need for guidance. we are here to guide them in the right direction, be their model, teach, them how to decipher good information and anything else the internet may throw their way, is like the video stated.
One of the most important aspects of this video, I am still learning about is establishing a personal network. The best part is being able to view others. Being able to assist other educators and learners is highly beneficial to everyone. Sharing and “stealing” others ideas to provide excellent learning for students is a major resource. In the end, it is all about the students! Teachers do not need to forget this!! Share! Share! Share!...What are you doing still sitting here…Go share!


A 7th Grader’s Personal Learning Environment
7th grader's PLN inspires me to create my own and share it with others who could use it or who are not aware of PLN’s. One thing that I wish my teachers’ would have instilled was organization. I think this is an excellent trait for students to have. One of my favorite parts was when the student mentioned that she is NOT given the option to do her work, but she IS given the option to do her work in an exciting way. The teacher is instilling and promoting a creative outlet for their students. Her students are able to do the research,  record it, and then share it with others.

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Anna! When I first watched this video I had mixed feelings about. I wasn't too sure of how I personally would enjoy this type of learning. Would you enjoy it? Like you said, I too, believe that there will always be a need for a teacher. I couldn't agree with you more, on not being able to pass without the assistance of my teachers, I 100% need their guidance and assistance on certain things.
    Your blog looks great. I didn't notice any spelling errors, which is awesome for the amount of writing we have to do! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My first issue is the factual dependencies of the facts based on the subject matter. On the internet, it is extremely easy to manipulate the opinions about topics and the “research” found. When exploring for facts, finding opinions is particularly easy to locate on the internet, but finding facts; however, is not as easy." Poorly written. It is difficult to understand what you are saying.

    "The new way of learning seems to be deflecting teachers just beating facts into students." Something like this would be a lot better: Engaging the student in conducting their own research with modern tools is a much better way to educate than the burp back method of pouring facts into a student and having them burp them back.

    "A 7th Grader’s Personal Learning Environment
    7th grader's PLN inspires me to create my own..." AND it is a requirement of EDM310!

    You would benefit greatly if you would go to the Writing Center in Alpha East.

    ReplyDelete