Thursday, March 22, 2012

Blog Assignment #8

This Is How We Dream


"Ideas don't belong to us individually, they belong to us as a culture." I really enjoyed this quote from Dr. Richard E. Miller. His idea on how ideas are thought by all different types of people. Ideas are a melting pot. People from different cultures and different background can constantly evolve the original idea.
Dr. Miller made me feel drawn to what he was saying during the video. Incorporating multimedia into my classroom does not only make the classroom more interesting for the students, but for the teacher as well. Multimedia takes mundane lessons and really spruces up education. The more interesting the lecture is, the more the students will be more inclined to learn.


Carly Pugh's Blog Post #12


Miss Carly Pugh made an excellent suggestion by suggesting future teachers should create a playlist of videos to encourage them. Different videos/opinions can motivate people differently especially with different types of topics or subject material. Think Different was my favorite video that she posted. I like how Carly took the initiative to add this to her playlist to use as a reminder. A reminder to go out of the box and make kids think! Creativity is naturally in a student’s mind, but sometimes it takes an educator to pull that creativity out. Teachers AND students both need to think outside of the box.
After Carly’s blog, I was curious and inspired to search for my own inspirational videos to add to my own playlist. When searching YouTube, I found a video that stresses the keys to success. Attitude is the key to a teacher’s success. Thank you Carly for adding another idea to my teaching portfolio !


EDM for Dummies


Oh EDM 310! I really enjoyed both of the videos. Watching these videos really got my wheels turning about my final project. My plan is to begin brainstorming and create a couple of ideas before I decide on the final decision. I may even rehearse and see which one I like the most. Animation seems to be the direction I am leaning toward right now, but in the next week it could change


Learn to Change, Change to Learn
Change! Change! Classrooms are in need of a change. They need to be transformed into learning hubs that are filled with interest. I am completely and 100% percent on board with this idea. The classroom needs to be more interesting. Technology and kids are constantly changing. In my opinion, it only makes sense to constantly keep changing lessons to keep up with technology and students. Learning shouldn’t be boring! Teachers please listen: students don’t need to just memorization and typing questions into Google.
I loved this video! I completely agree with transforming the classroom into a fun and interesting learning environment. After this video, the excitement of teaching is almost overwhelming. I cannot wait to become and educator and to teach my kids useful information and not useless information.


Scavenger Hunt

Edmodo is a great resource that is available at the click of mouse for teachers and students. The site is a combination of the ever growing popular twitter and Facebook. If you register as a student or teacher, you are allowed access to appropriate communication possibilities. This site not only allows communication between student and teachers, but between parents and teachers. The site also provides the ability to connect and communicate with other educators. In my opinion, this site is similar to Google. Creating groups, updating and organizing calendars, and recording grades are similar to features offered by Google. This site also allows students and their parents to view passed assignment and the ability to “exchange” notes about projects or school related issues. The other feature that I really enjoyed and hope to implement into my classroom is the quiz creator and etc. With the quiz creator aspect, I would be allowed to create a quiz, post the quiz for student, receive the quiz responses, and grade the quizzes all in one program. That is an extremely useful tool when maintaining an organized classroom. I do not know how I could incorporate the quiz creator for my future elementary students, but I have plenty of time to figure it out

Photo Peach is a useful and creative site used to create and share slideshows. This site can really be implemented into the teaching resources used to spruce-up classroom lectures. The slideshows have similar features as the computer program PowerPoint; music, comments, captions, quotes, movies, links, and pictures can be added onto the slides. The site also allows the possibility for teachers to create a “folder” where all of the students have the ability to create their own slideshow. However, unlike Edmodo, this site can require a monthly subscription especially for more advanced features.  

The last section of the scavenger hunt was Poll Everywhere. This site/feature is completely free and it could be considered very valuable to educators. Already, I am considering the idea of enlisting the help of my future first class to see what areas they enjoyed and where I could improve. 


1 comment:

  1. Anna,

    You have no pictures or clickable links to accompany your blog post. Also, you are missing the section on the Scavenger Hunt 2.0. I hope you can fix all of this so I can finish reading your blog post.

    ReplyDelete