Sunday, March 4, 2012

C4K February Summary

code.google.com
The Month of February
(http://blogwithhannah.edublogs.org/ ) Hanging with Hannah was my first C4K student. Obviously, I loved her name to begin with since it rhymes with mine [haha sorry I couldn't resist]. Hannah's blog was very cute and sassy. She was in a classroom competition for blogs and WON! [GO HANNAH!] Hannah also mentioned two of her Christmas gifts she received. Their names are Polie and Chillie; which are like beanie babies. She must have been a pretty good girl if Santa came to visit.


http://pestepuawaia.blogspot.com/ My next student was Te Puawai from PT England School. Te Puawai's blog is very colorful and fun! Te Puawai and Ms. King's class recently received new furniture and technology for their class. Ms. Bark's class seems to incorporate technology in their classroom a great deal. Each student has made a podcast about personal experiences. I think that it is great that she is introducing her students to technology at such a young age.

http://kidblog.org/MsEppelesClass/author/Jackson515/ My third student that I viewed was Jackson from Ms. Eppele's class. Jackson's blog seems to be more of a class notebook or a journal. Ms. Eppele assigns her students a topic or an assignment and then the students, using their blogs, comment/complete it. In some of Jackson's earlier posts, he uses his blog as a journal discussing what he will be for Halloween. In his most recent blog, he discusses bullying and its effects. I think Ms. Eppele does a good job of incorporating the blog into her classroom, but also by allowing her students to become individuals. 

http://y6.ferrylane.net/2012/02/27/joy-by-atifa/ My last blog was by Atz, Ferry Lane Year 6 Blog. Atz posted a beautiful poem about JOY! It was an extremely lovely poem. I was doing the rest of my assignments for EDM 310 and then my C4K for Atz. It was such a nice break to read such a lovely poem and escape in my thoughts about what makes me happy. I escaped to my "happy" place. At the end of the blog Atz asks what makes you joyous and if the reader can use emotions. I think it was a very unique and thoughtful way to end a blog. 

All in all I have been extremely lucky to have been assigned great, interesting, gifted kids! They are all scattered around the world, but they all have one thing in common. They all have teachers that seem to care and want to incorporate technology into their classrooms. My students that I have been observing seem to really enjoy their assignments, and I hope once I become a teacher...I can instill the joy these students seem to have from their technology and teachers.

1 comment:

  1. Anna,

    You are providing these children with very good feedback. They appreciate it, and I am glad to see you are so willing to work with them.

    Keep it up,

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete