Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Blog Assignment #11

Little Kids...BIG potential!  
Size/age doesn't matter in the eyes of technology.In this video, Ms. Cassidy has a very energetic approach to the use of technology. EDM 310 has really opened my eyes to incorporating technology into my future classroom and the endless possibilities my students can have. Even though I am still a little skeptical about blogging, I believe that is an fascinating utilization of technology.One of the most influential things about blogging is that it can help invigorate the students' abilities to write, and gives them access to many world wide opinions/issues, all by a click of a mouse.I have noticed that more and more elementary schools are incorporating computers into their lessons, some as early as kindergarten. I think this would be an interesting way to display forms of work for my future kindergarten classes. Another technology that I like and hope to implement, is the use of Skype. I would love to steal the idea of skyping with a geologist or possibly a class from China. I would love to somehow set up a weekly Skype session in my own classroom! I think to keep kids excited about learning, we have to throw out the old and come barging in with the new. After watching Ms. Cassidy's video and hearing her excitement, I can not help but be excited and anxious to have my own classroom. I can not wait to walk into my classroom one day and say, "Good Morning class. Today we are going to Skype with Ms. Blank's Kindergarten class from China!" I can already see and hear the excitement now!

3 comments:

  1. Late

    What about the interview with Ms. Cassidy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anna
    It would be so much fun to have your students Skype in the classroom. They would love it. The work that you have completed is good! I look forward to reading your posts in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Strange,
    Should I go ahead and add the interview?

    Melissa,
    Thank you! Hope you have a good rest of the semester.

    ReplyDelete