Sunday, April 22, 2012

C4K April Summary


The C4K assignment has definitely become my favorite assignment of EDM 310. I love the idea of connecting my future classroom with other classrooms from around the world, and this assignment allowed me to practice. 

Week 11(April 1,2012): My student's name is Matt. Matt is from Canada. He seems to be such a GREAT kid. The first blog post I commented on was Do You Like To Read? In this post, Matt created a book trailer similar to the book trailers we were assigned to create. Matt decided to review the Hobbit. As I told Matt, I think his trailer is way better than mine. He seems to have a better clue on how to use technology in the classroom better than I do. 

Week 12 (April 5,2012) Again, my student's name was Matt. Since he had not written a post since his, "Do you like to Read" post, I had to back track on his blog. On February 29th, he wrote about a program his school participates in to Put An End To Bullying. To put an end to bullying, Matt's school wears a pink shirt on the last Wednesday of February. Matt explains that the program began when a male student wore a pink shirt to school and was picked on for being gay. Some older students observed the teasing and decided to all wear pink shirts and take a stand to bullying. I thought this was such a neat program with a neat story behind it. 

Week 13 (April 10,2012) I can honestly say that if Matt was a bit older and lived a little closer, I could see us being great friends. Matt is a huge sports nut. He especially loves hockey, and more specifically he loves the Ottawa Senators. Since I am from Gulf Shores, Alabama, I am not a huge hockey player or a hockey fan; however, my mom is! This was a really fun post to comment on because I am a HUGE sports fan, and anything written about sports is interesting to read. Matt's team, at the time, was competing his league's peewee playoffs. He never posted if he won or not, but if he plays anything like he posts, I think he will do GREAT!  

Week 14 (April 22,2012) The last C4K in EDM 310! Oh yeah! The finish line is getting so close. My student, in this C4K, is named Aneelis. She is from New Zealand. Aneelis and her class have recently visited Butterfly Creek; which is a butterfly zoo or farm. She shares a picture of herself and the beautiful butterfly that landed on her. Aneelis seemed extremely happy and enjoying her class field trip. Also, Aneelis attached a video of her describing her Beautiful Butterfly

I have really enjoyed being apart of the C4K's this semester. I think all of the students and teachers I have commented on are great! They all are excellent examples on how technology should be used and implemented into classrooms. I strive to be like the teachers that these students are lucky enough to have! Thank you Dr. Strange and look for Ms. Shartzer's class in a couple of years to add to your C4K list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment