Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blog Assignment #13

For blog assignment #13, we were asked to go without technology for a whole 24 hours! Initially I thought, piece of cake, but after the first couple of hours I thought I was going insane. A day without television or accessing a computer seemed simple enough, but my cellphone...my precious cell phone was another thing. I planned my day off from "technology/civilization" wisely. My mom visited this past Friday, and I stayed at her house. Now, my mother's house is very unorthodox compared to most homes. My mother does not have a television and when she is at the beach house does not have internet access. Knowing this going in, I knew this would be a perfect place for my 24 hours of technology freedom. The day before I went to my mom's house, I informed my boss, my friends, and family that I would not have my phone so I would not be tempted to look or answer it. This was a complete "success." I did not have any use of my phone, television, or computer. It was actually lovely! I think once a week, or so, unplugging from the world is very therapeutic. I know more than anything, this assignment made me appreciate the technology that we can easily access.  

No comments:

Post a Comment