Sunday, April 29, 2012

C4T #2

During this C4T assignment, I was assigned to Mr. Dean Shareski. I do not know all of the other choices that Dr. Strange had to choose from to assign to us, but I wish everyone could have read Mr. Shareski's blog! Mr. Dean is incredibly riveting with his writing. He covers updated issues with such honesty and openness that you feel like you are sitting face to face listening to him speak. He is also extremely, or at least convincingly, knowledgeable on classroom issues and technology in the classroom. Mr. Dean made me question topics that I had not really thought of. For example, in the first C4T I commented on for Mr. Dean, the topic was on life outside of textbooks. Mr. Dean questioned the use of textbook and researched other means for textbooks. I felt like this was a very closely related topic because I have not purchased a textbook throughout my entire college experience. I have only rented or downloaded textbooks using my iPad. I have saved $100s maybe $1000s of dollars by making this choice. Mr. Shareski mentions and suggests these types of resources. The second time I commented on Mr. Dean's blog, he seemed to be "ranting" about the unfairness on the bureaucratic decisions that seem to be made from political figures. In another comment/blog, he reflects on he, the world, and myself are spoiled by technology. He gave many forms of technology that I definitely know I could not survive without that I honestly do not give much thought to. It was really an eye opener. The last time I commented on Ideas and thoughts, Mr. Dean discussed how teachers can improve and become better through videoing and recording themselves while teaching. My parents are both teachers and they both use those suggestions that he was discussing. This blog really let me understand his point of view and suggest to other teachers the reasons why my parents use videos and recordings. 

Dr. Strange and class of EDM310...Please read just a few of Mr. Shareski's blog! I know that you will enjoy his thoughts and writing just as much as I did, if not more! Dr. Strange, I would possibly brainstorm on an assignment that could be used to implement Mr. Shareski's blog.   

No comments:

Post a Comment